In the past I’ve posted general hints and tips as I self-publish for the first time. I thought it was time to show some of the epic fails.  This slide show contains examples of a few versions of my cover art to show the progression from initial thought to final product for the book cover.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

From the beginning I had a vision of the three moons of the Farseen on the front cover.  At first my creations were too simplistic and said nothing about the book.  I was sure using the largest moon as the frame for the character display was the way to go.  Next, I moved to over-the-top busy.  Finally, I cut out the extras and ended up with something I liked.

My hat’s off to all the graphic artists out there.  It is very difficult to take the idea from head to paper/screen and get a result worth keeping.

Advertisements