Who doesn’t need a Do Over app upon occasion? Heck, there’s an app for everything else. It’s time for one that’s really useful.
This morning is a prime example.
- I arrived at the hotel yesterday evening for two days of meetings in the corporate office. I unloaded and settled in for the night.
- Woke up this morning and did the hair and makeup thing since I would be on telepresence calls throughout the day.
- Only then did I open up the curtains and see the rain. Not a rain, a downpour. My hair doesn’t frizz in the rain, it goes strait.
- My umbrella was nice and dry in the car, but there was no way to get from the hotel to the car without walking in the rain.
- I ran to the car (thank goodness I packed boots) with my coat over my head, while trying to protect my purse/laptop from the water. Yes, everything was inside a case but still I worry. It was a heavy rain.
- I parked, grab my umbrella and my work stuff and walk toward the building. Rain is so much more tolerable with an umbrella.
- I try to open the door to the facility and it didn’t work. I’m too early. It’s not yet 7 AM. I’m standing there looking at the offending door when I see the panel and realize I can use my badge to unlock the door. I make use of my badge and resist the urge to V-8 my forehead.
- I get to the hoteling workstation (a place to park my stuff while in an office I don’t normally work in) and check out the phone, laptop connectivity, chair and desk. Yep, everything works and things are looking up.
- I reach for my water mug and realize I left my water and my fruit back in the hotel in the fridge. So it’s down to the break room where I pay $1.35 for a bottle of water that I can refill for the rest of the day. Instead of healthy fruit for lunch, I made use of the cafe in the building and had a cheeseburger… with fries. So much for eating healthy in 2015It’s time for someone to invent a do over app.